WAMAS Tank of the Month

I want to thank the WAMAS community for the nomination and the hard work of the TOTM committee to bring this all together. I have been in the hobby for the last 17 years and have had tanks as small as 15 gallons to my current 200 gallon tank.

My tank is a custom miracles tank measuring 72x30x22. The tank itself is about 200 gallons, but with the sump, fuge and frag tank, I have over 300 total gallons of volume. Since my tank is only 22” high, I had the stand custom built to be 40” tall to give the illusion that the tank is much taller than it is. The 30” depth is very deceiving. When you look at the tank from the front, you don’t realize how deep the tank is. When you view the tank from the side, it totally changes the visual image of the tank.

I have two Tunze 6105s in pulse mode running between 80-100%. I plan on adding one or two of the Maxspect Gyre pumps to add more flow since the SPS colonies are blocking flow from one another.

I am using a Sfigoili T5 8x80 watt fixture with KZ bulbs. I have always used T5 on my tanks and love the growth and coloration. I have a Giesemann 150MH(radium) + 4 T5 bulbs over my frag tank.

For filtration I run a very large skimmer (ATB 1050a)and two refugiums in my sump. One has a 4” sand bed for pods, and the other grows a ton of Cheato. I have about 150 pounds of live rock between the display and the sump.

The only products I dose are ESV Bionic ALK/CAL/MAG via a profilux doser. I try to keep my ALK at 8.0 and my CAL at 420. My MAG is normally around 1350.

I have 27 fish in the tank. Most are small except for a few large tangs. My fish list is as follows: Tomini Tang, Scopas Tang, Yellow Tang, Convict Tang, Rabbit Fish, trio of Lyretail Anthias, 4 Green Chromis, trio of Orange Striped Cardinals, Bangaii Cardinal, Flame Hawk Fish, Spotted Hawk Fish, Radiant Wrasse, Melanarus Wrasse, Trio of clowns, yellow watchman goby and my latest additions are a China Pearl Wrasse, Purple Tilefish and Starburst Anthia.

I feed a variety of foods from PE Mysis, Reed Nutrition Products, flake and pellet foods, Nori, Red Sea Veggies and just recently started using some LRS frozen.

Right now its bubble algae. I have no idea where it came from but my Rabbit Fish is taking care of a bunch of it, but I have to manually remove it from time to time.

I would like to add a few Gyre power heads and some really nice SPS pieces and just let everything grow out.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for the honor of WAMAS TOTM. It is especially nice to have it during October, since that's my birthday month.

• Salinity: 1.026
  • Temperature: 77.5-81.0°F
  • Alkalinity: 8 dkH
  • Calcium: 420ppm
  • Magnesium: 1350ppm

• Display: Glass 200g
  • Sump: Multichamber acrylic
  • Skimmer: ATB 1050a
  • Lighting: Sfigioli T5
  • Return Pump: Ehiem 1262
  • Circulation: Tunze 6105
  • Dosing: Profliux 3 channel