Antman PH-2000 Skimmer Pump Dead... Similar sized DC replacement?

realypk

Hey guys,

I'm running an SCA 302 and my Antman PH2000 skimmer pump chewed through it's rubber bushing ting and now spins but no longer makes bubbles. Essentially 1 year of service and it died. Is there a DC varient that would be similar sized and fit? I'm not looking to go super expensive even would be ok with a chicom DC pump. I'm just looking for less noise/vibration and heat generation as the Antman was noisy and hot.

If a similar sized DC does not exist any recommendation for a better made AC version?

Thanks guys!

Edited by realypk

The danner mag 7 should have a similar specs as that pump.

you can get a mag7 with Fractionating Impeller to use as a skimmer pump.

Mag drive pump last forever. Well almost.

Nice those do look pretty beefy! Do they run pretty silent/vibration proof? How about that issues?

21 minutes ago, realypk said:

Nice those do look pretty beefy! Do they run pretty silent/vibration proof? How about that issues?

They are workhorse. A little noisy but you will not hear it when your lights fan is on and cabinet doors will also help with the noise. You can also rubber pad to reduce vibration. They do generate heat though but it’s a trade off for the heater :)

other than that I have never encounter any issue with performance. I still use my mag 9 that I purchased in 2000.

(edited)

Gotcha wife hates noise so would you say more noisy than the Ant-Man equivalent or about the same? Wife would not stand for noisier lol it's in the living room so she's around it. Had to eliminate my eheim for a DC return pump and go fanless on my lights cause of her lol. She tolerates the sound of the Ant-Man but it's her max before she gets annoyed. I'm with you I'd rather have a workhorse... But alas compromise....

If noisier what DC equivalent from jaebo would fit if any?

Edited by realypk

Yea probably so, does anyone know what size of threading i would need to fit the venturi thing on front cause my other DC pump has a very different thread from my antman ac pump. I would need to fit the venturi thing in front?