High Ph Apex Probe calibration

mling

My  Apex Ph probe is calming that the PH in my 156 reef is 8.43

I am wondering if I need to recalibrate my PH probe.

How open does one recalibriate the PH probe ?

The manual gives instructions https://apexfusion.com/pdf/acrm.pdf however I don’t have a display so I used Fusion. To calibrate in Fusion you can click the gear right above the PH value/graph. It will bring up the Ph probe configuration page. There you will find an Automatic Calibration button that walks you through the procedure. It’s very easy to use. You will need Ph 7 and 10 fluids. Also a cup of RODI to rinse off the probe between ph solutions. It helps to float the ph fluid packets (before opening) in your sump for about 10 mins to bring them up to temp.

As mentioned follow the instructions at the website. Solutions can be found at many of the local fish stores or online. I’ve never been a fan of the probes. I’ve had particular problems with the salinity probe, no mater what I do.

Thanks for al the suggestions. I will do it once my PH calibration solution arrives.

I have neglected my tank for over 3 years.  Only recently started Bi-Ionic dosing, manually , again. 

Cannot remember the last time I calibrated the PH probe.

How often do you guys calibrate your Apex PH probe ?

If I want accuracy, I'll recalibrate probes every 2 or 3 months. If a relative measurement is OK (to detect trends), they can go longer. At some point, they no longer hold calibration and should be replaced.

How do you know when your probe needs to be replaced ? 

Roughly how often do you guys replace your Ph Probes ?  I know mine is over 3 years old, it that past end of live ?

If your pH probe will calibrate and hold calibration for an extended period of time, it can continue to be used. However, if it won't calibrate and won't hold calibration (that is, if you're finding yourself calibrating it more than tolerable), then it's time to get another. A three year old probe is pretty old, but I've had some last that long. I've also had some that won't last a year.