Bengaii Cardinals

I have babies every month or two with my pair. Haven't tried raising them anymore though since they are always so hard to catch. I got a couple of long spine urchins hoping they would be easier to corral if they are in them but theres only one this go around inside the urchin. And 2 hosting in a sebae of all places that's doing its periodic deflation.

https://youtu.be/bk2XA3ib9NE

Edited by Stephen
added video link

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2019 at 9:47 PM, Stephen said:

I have babies every month or two with my pair. Haven't tried raising them anymore though since they are always so hard to catch. I got a couple of long spine urchins hoping they would be easier to corral if they are in them but theres only one this go around inside the urchin. And 2 hosting in a sebae of all places that's doing its periodic deflation.

https://youtu.be/bk2XA3ib9NE

Any luck with your babies?

Anemone food I'm afraid. Once the anemone was back to normal size the cardinals were gone within a couple of days. Attempts to get them out were useless so I let nature run it's course. The male is holding eggs now so there's always next time. 

On 9/13/2019 at 5:49 PM, Stephen said:

Anemone food I'm afraid. Once the anemone was back to normal size the cardinals were gone within a couple of days. Attempts to get them out were useless so I let nature run it's course. The male is holding eggs now so there's always next time. 

Let me know!  I'd be interested in one if you can manage to get it to live!

5 hours ago, TrueTricia said:

Let me know!  I'd be interested in one if you can manage to get it to live!

Will do. I've been thinking about changing my rock layout. If I do I plan to remove the pair and put them in a tank by themselves to give their future fry a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 3:57 AM, Jsack said:

I've got six juvenile now (about 2 weeks old).  If you swing through Fairfax,  happy to help you out. 

Oh man!  Let me look at my schedule and see when I can be up there next.  Possibly Columbus Day weekend.... I'd love two! What are they eating at this point?

On 9/29/2019 at 3:57 AM, Jsack said:

I've got six juvenile now (about 2 weeks old).  If you swing through Fairfax,  happy to help you out. 

If you have some to spare, I'd love to get two from you for my class tanks. I don't know what you're selling them for.

Still nauplii. I haven't tried frozen baby brine though. Don't need to pay anything, but if you have something to swap,  I wouldn't say no...

looks like I'll have another brood in a week or two, and prefer to pass them along.  I'm just an accidental breeder.

Here's a pic from September 15th: https://s.amsu.ng/8qXhCQMBmMSN

My tank is pretty bare right now, but I can certainly figure something out!  Once you get them to start eating something a little more substantial, I'd love a few! 

10 hours ago, Jsack said:

Still nauplii. I haven't tried frozen baby brine though. Don't need to pay anything, but if you have something to swap,  I wouldn't say no...

looks like I'll have another brood in a week or two, and prefer to pass them along.  I'm just an accidental breeder.

Here's a pic from September 15th: https://s.amsu.ng/8qXhCQMBmMSN

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2020 at 5:24 PM, TrueTricia said:

Me too!  I definitely want a couple or four for my tank!

On 1/23/2020 at 12:22 PM, MaeganWink said:

Would love to know how this went, even just for the story of it. 

Probably about an inch now. And got them all in one shot!

15828925599662319304292009323482.jpg

Edited by Jsack
Additional description