Hey everyone, my names Richard and I just relocated up here from Texas (dfwmas). Love this expensive ever changing hobby. I’ve had reef, Fowler, and the funnest freshwater cichlid tank. I’m currently tankless but when I get back into it I’ll probably do a big cichlid and I think I’m going to do Fowler saltwater too. One question, what are some good coral stores in nova? I do have access to a reef tank I can bicuriously live through at the office. Anywho, I don’t know where any fish or coral stores are around here, I live in Vienna. Anything good around? I went to the latest wamas meeting and saw that there is a lot of sps up here, were it’s a pretty good split in tx. Are lps and softies harder to find here? Look forward to getting to know y’all and growing in this ever changing hobby with y’all.

Welcome to Wamas Richard. I just joined months ago and found this group is really helpful. In term of lfs around I found Blue Ribbon Koi has really good varieties of corals from sps, lps, and softies and this lfs probably has the largest amount of corals around here. The owner and his staff are really helpful and knowledgeable. Bonus, their price on fish and corals is fair(affordable) compare to other lfs around the DMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to WAMAS!
If you are reading this from a computer, at the top they'll be tabs, there is a list and map of LFS for you to check out.  :hammer:
Everyone here seems to prefer their "own store".lol  
The BEST deals you will find, will come from fellow members in this group tho'!:cheers:

*RaNdOm FaCt... I only have 1 coral in my tank bought from a store, Everything else I have got from fellow members.:wig:
 To answer your question, there is more of a demand in the area for SPS then LPS and Softies... You can find both no problem.lol 
I do warn you tho'... being apart of this group, may end up changing your mind and keeping a small reef tank of your own.lol

Welcome!! It's great to have you, and we're so glad you came to our previous (albeit hot) meeting.

There are several members with insane tanks near you that happen to sell. But, there are several stores as well. I like them all for different reasons. As mentioned, just check out the LFS map on the site. And there seems to be a good mix of folks that like a mix of corals. LPS seems to be a bit more difficult to find right now (possibly due to the import issues?)

Looking forward to meeting you at the next event!
Nikki

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Richard,

Welcome to the club.

We hare always to have new members who share the hobby and are willing to learn.

you will find we have lots of experience reefers here who are will to help when possible.

Just ask.

Welcome aboard.