Apex wireless update

mling

Now that I am retired, I am getting back into the hobby.  While my reef is 15 years old, I have been neglecting it for the last few year.

My Apex has not been updated for about 3 years.  I remember that long ago there was always a warning to not run the update with WiFi.

Is this still the case ?

I am also concerned as there might be an issue since I have not done an update is years; firmware too old ?

My Apex is doing fine and doing all the things I required.  Should I not mess with it ?

Suggestions  appreciated. 

Don't fix it if it isn't broken is a good proverb for this hobby IMO.

But if you do decide to upgrade the firmware definitely plug in the hardwire. The last thing you want is a bricked head unit.

I recently upgraded to the latest firmware, and it improved an issue I was having with the unit resetting when internet connection was lost FWIW.

I would upgrade the firmware, but definitely plug it into the router rather than using wifi.  It doesn't take as much time as you might think, and allows you to get bugs fixed before they cause problems. My decision point was when I had a two week trip coming up.  It would suck to discover a bug when you're thousands of miles away.