RODI help

finaddict

I have an Air Water and Ice cyclone system and I changed  the filters about 2 months ago (less than 50 gallons ago).  This morning I made 5 gallons that showed 2ppm on my portable tds meter. The next 5 gallons showed 3ppm and the next 5 gallons showed 7ppm. The filters all look brand new. I did not change the horizontal sealed looking canister on top of the unit when I did the filters. I have never replaced that unit. How often does the enclosed unit need to be changed? My rodi system is about 2 years old. By the way what is in the horizontal canister?

How old is the RO membrane?  Could be compromised especially since that unit does not have a chloramine busting stage if you have chloramines in your water.

The RO is original to when I bough the system about 2 years ago... weird to see the TDS shoot up that quick.. one hting I didnt mention is that on the last go around the system was making a wheezing sounds which is the first time that has ever happened.

• 3 weeks later...

Which filters did u change?   I’d look at the di resin though.  Sometimes channels can form if it isn’t packed tightly.  This would in a sense lead to water bypassing most of the beads making that stage ineffective.  You may have low tds water leaving the ro membrane (which is normal) that is not being polished by the resin.  You may also want to change the  RO membrane as it’s around 2 years.

I replaced the ro membrane and my filters and Di are fairly new (maybe 40 gallons through the filters an di). My tds is now zero or one each time I make water.... all good on the rodi front!