Caulerpa

PRinFairfax

I'm in Fredericksburg and have plenty but it comes with red planaria, bristleworms, asterinas, pods, and god only knows what else is living down there now... 

I'm not sure what repercussions I could experience from all the bonus items!  

My setup will likely allow thinks to end up in the display tank b/c the macro algae is in a pasta colander in the sump.  

Any advice?

2 hours ago, PRinWarrenton said:

I'm not sure what repercussions I could experience from all the bonus items!  

My setup will likely allow thinks to end up in the display tank b/c the macro algae is in a pasta colander in the sump.  

Any advice?

I'm sure there are many more things that will pop out of there as well! My tank is all about the bio-diversity! Brittle stars, tube worms, limpets, I have it all...

32 minutes ago, madweazl said:

I'm sure there are many more things that will pop out of there as well! My tank is all about the bio-diversity! Brittle stars, tube worms, limpets, I have it all...

My kind of tank.  :)

That being said, his tank was very clean (when I saw it) and even though I added a big piece of red planet that he very generously gave me, I've had no hitchikers at all.   (for my part, I have a fair number of things that came in on aquacultured kp aquatics live rock - tube worms, several bivalves, brittle stars, sponges, etc.   But AFAIC nothing dangerous from anyone else's tank..... yet.  :O I did have a asterina star infestation, but those disappeared long ago)

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t know if you got some, but I have some Caulerpa racemosa and chaeto if you’d like to try again with it.  I live in 20737 for proximity reference.