List of Coral Compatibility?

CallMeJus

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there’s a list or spreadsheet somewhere of which Corals can be next to each other in our tanks? I understand that (normally) the same species can touch without much damage, but will fight for real estate but I’m thinking more along the lines of other species. I don’t mind them fighting it out for territory but I don’t want them

outright killing each other. 

• 3 weeks later...

On 6/8/2019 at 2:11 PM, CallMeJus said:

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there’s a list or spreadsheet somewhere of which Corals can be next to each other in our tanks? I understand that (normally) the same species can touch without much damage, but will fight for real estate but I’m thinking more along the lines of other species. I don’t mind them fighting it out for territory but I don’t want them

outright killing each other. 

There aren’t any lists that I know of either, but maybe someone will chime in if there is.  You are generally correct about compatibility.  When planning placement, I typically OVERGENERALIZE.  I typically treat most soft coral like they will engage in coral warfare.  LPSs tend to have pretty long sweeper tentacles so I give them a little more space.  When it comes to SPSs I tend to place them based on anticipated growth.

Do you have any specific coral in mind that you were concerned with?