Anything but gyre, what trash

In case anyone was on the fence Maxspect gyres are clossal pieces of ****. Theyre (xf330) louder at 50% than my MP10QDs were at 100%, the magnets are absolutely trash, the in-tank profile is enormous, the programming isnt even slightly intuitive, their phone line for "customer service" is quite literally fake, and theyre email support is a joke.

/rant

I’ve had mine over two years with zero issues, and it gives amazing water movement. I will agree on the noise though. Above 70% it’s quite noisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the new AI Nero! Debated between that or the Gyre and I am VERY impressed by the AI Nero to be honest! 

I love my Vortech silent drive but the Nero makes no sound ( since all happens in the tank) Also, have not seen any temp spikes at all so it does not warm up either. 

I am planning on using the Nero and one Vortech MP10 in my new setup Reefer 170.

I have had the new XF350 for 1.5 months now that replace my old mp40.  Very quiet!  I would say it is just as quiet as my MP40WQD.  And great flow!  

I like vortechs because it's one less electrical cord in the water. I only have two electrical cords in my system, one for the skimmer pump, one for the sump circulation pump.

I have four MP40QDs and two Gyre 250s. They all run pretty quiet for me. I don't have experience, though, with the XF350's. It sounds like they're a step backward.

Anyone have thoughts on how the IceCap gyre pumps stack up against the maxspects? those seem to be the only two of that style of powerheads I've seen

Anyone have thoughts on how the IceCap gyre pumps stack up against the maxspects? those seem to be the only two of that style of powerheads I've seen
I have the MP40s and Gyre 230s. The gyre is definitely more noisy esp when it ramp up and down.

The icecaps and gyre (if I'm not mistaken) are made by the same company. The icecap just has less functionality.

I use two icecap 1k in a frag system.  I don't think they are noisy, but I have other noisy stuff in that area.  If the noise is only on the higher setting, or transition period, may want to consider using a real slow speed in the day, and ramp up at night (if you have a controller).  This provides a gentle flow with less agitation to the polyps as they soak up the light and then hit the dead spots at night to remove detritus.  

Thanks y'all! I've only ever been around gyre pumps of any sort in the shop, which has kind of a baseline dull roar of filter noise, so judging sound hasn't been easy.

The 330 does flow 800 more gph than the MP10 so I'd thing a bit of leeway should be given in that regard. I've never run a gyre as I have no desire to use its flow pattern it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison. How loud is the gyre at roughly 65% (where it would be a closer match to the MP10)? 

Interesting... I have been thinking about getting some. The youtube vid I found said they were almost silent as long as you weren't trying to drive them close to their max which arguably one shouldn't be doing anyway. Icecap licensed the design, but I don't know who actually makes them. I thought that tucking them up against the top of the tank would provide more viewing area and be less noticeable than something in the middle of the side panels of the tank, not to mention the MP-40s seem to like to slide down all the time even at the strongest alignment of the magnet.  That doesn't sound like it matches your experience. What size is your tank?