Black worms

Sharkey18

Is anyone else feeding black worms? 

I have 2 CBB that I am feeding live black worms. Hoping to switch them over to frozen as time goes on. 

I've been getting 1/8 lb of worms every 2 weeks from Eastern Aquatics. Exceptional quality and customer service . 

Yea I breed my own. It’s not very much offspring though just enough to feed a pinch once a week as a treat to my fish. 

Yeah, I was breeding them for a while too but the supply was too low for the amount of upkeep. 

Thanks for the lead on House of Tropicals in case I ever run short. I am going to freeze some of mine to try and switch the CBB's over to frozen. 

Used to buy regularly from tropical lagoon. Had a cbb that ate the worms, but he went nuts for LRS, so you may want to give it a try as a transition food.

Have you tried leaving a clam or mussel in the tank for them to pick at during the day (tied to a rock so it doesn't get pushed around)? You just remove it at the end of the day so that it doesn't cloud up the tank, but they can also be a good transition food that is relatively cheap.