Need help with kalk stirrer

Zaphodent

Just got a avast kalk stirrer but it’s back siphoning into the ato reservoir. Installed a check valve but it’s creates too much resistance for ato to pump into the kalk stirrer.

Anyone have this issue with a kalk stirrer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Install a T connector. ATO to T. One end of T goes to reactor. The other end points up, of course add some tubing to that end and hang up high above the reactor. 

I do that with the output side of the reactor as well. 

Install a T connector. ATO to T. One end of T goes to reactor. The other end points up, of course add some tubing to that end and hang up high above the reactor. 

I do that with the output side of the reactor as well. 

So one end for the ato, the other end goes the reactor. Sorry, kind of don’t get where the tubing for the third one will go?

Your saying to hang the T junction high above the reactor?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Zaphodent said:

So one end for the ato, the other end goes the reactor. Sorry, kind of don’t get where the tubing for the third one will go?

Your saying to hang the T junction high above the reactor?

Thanks

Yes the tubing coming out of the T should be the highest point. So when the pump stop, it will suck air instead of water from the reactor. 

Yes the tubing coming out of the T should be the highest point. So when the pump stop, it will suck air instead of water from the reactor. 

Awesome, can’t wait to try that, just found a old thread on this after some digging

1b562a6bccad597438cbdc7c8888b29c.jpg

Yup. Was about to send you that post. But make sure the pump isn’t strong enough to pump water all the way up and out of the tube. 

I would avoid setting up a Kalk stirrer on your ATO at all cost.  This is a very risky practice.  Talk with the countless aquarists who have lost all their corals.  There are better ways to do this.  I would encourage you to read this article.  Before you start I would read the entire article.

https://reefs.com/magazine/the-kalk-calc-combo-method-185.html/

Good Luck,

Bruce