Sign in to follow this  
Sharkey18

Help with flow

9 posts / 64 viewsLast Reply

I am looking for suggestions to increase the flow in 250g bare bottom tank. The tank is 5.5 ft x 3 ft x 26". 

I have gone through many configurations which have always failed to keep most of the detritus suspended. I need to make improvements. 

I currently have 2 Maxspect gyre XF280's on the back wall. One bottom left, one bottom right. They do a good job of keeping most of the detritus off of the bottom, except that they push everything to the front where is mostly just sits there. I also have a small gyre, an Mp40 and Tunze that I kind of move around to assist, but I would love to add some thing to help get a significant portion of the remaining detritus into the water column for removal. 

Suggestions? 

IMG_1051.HEICIMG_1051.HEICIMG_2922.HEICIMG_3535.

I've found that whatever flow I thought was strong enough in my nano, wasn't. Now I have x2 MP10's at almost full speed in sync, plus the return. I think no matter what, you'll always have a spot that detritus will settle in. 

Ok. Left side, Right side and Full Tank Shot. The Gyres and are behind the islands. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Sharkey18

I know it’s expensive but a few MP40’s and an MP60 will rock that tank. Get rid of the gyres. Just my opinion. 

Or or a couple of tunze 6105’s or bigger if you can hide the wires

Cool. That exactly what I'm looking for. Suggestions.

Where would you put the MP40's and 60? 

I would center an MP40 on either short side and the center an MP60 along the back wall in between your rock structures