Yachaq

Mixing station capacity?

5 posts / 108 viewsLast Reply

Hi all,

I am planning to build a mixing station for a reefer 350 (91g total volume) and a 40g breeder. What would you recommend be an acceptable capacity for a mixing station that would serve these systems needs? I am considering 2 35g water tanks (RO and saltwater), but not sure if this is a good choice or if I should aim for more.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that would be fine.

With my system (300 total water volume) I have a 55 gallon container for RODI and a 35 gallon container for saltwater. That way when I do a water change I do 10% each time and then I have enough from the RODI side to refill the salt mixing side and my ATO. 

But if you have space for the 55 gallon containers, that just gives you more volume to turn over if needed or for when you upgrade :)

Edited by epleeds

Agreed,

I was going to say if you can have a large enough container to store about 10-15% of your systems volume would be great.

How much space do you have?

Agreed,
I was going to say if you can have a large enough container to store about 10-15% of your systems volume would be great.
How much space do you have?

If I get 2 35g containers, I will be able to store around 26% of each saltwater and to/di

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think you are in good shape.