DIY stand homedepot cuts

achansek

Hi,
I am planning to build a basic stand with dimensions, 25x25x36" for my tank (24.5"x24.5"x12") .

I do not own any wood working tools. I was wondering if there was any option other than renting tools from Home Depot.

I get mixed reviews about getting my plywood and 2x4s cut to size at home depot and I was wondering what people thought of it.

Please let me know.

PS. I would also ideally like to get my 2x4s have square edges which isn't possible with home depot cuts. Any suggestions for places that sell 2x4s with square edges is appreciated.

Where are you located? You can bring your wood to my place and cut it here. I have a table saw and 10” miter saw. My table saw is not professional grade, but it cuts straight. I’m available most weekends in Gaithersburg 20879. You won’t find square cut 2x4 that I’m aware of, but you could buy 2x6 and use the table saw to rip off 1” off each side. 

I also don't have a table saw that can handle plywood sheets, but a circular saw with a new blade and very careful measurements and clamps and fences let me do it on my porch instead of using the splintery and inaccurate cuts from the store. 

Are you trying to use 2x4 as finish, visible wood? Most builders use it for internal structure that isn't seen so the rounded edges work fine.