April meeting

dpassar12

Just wanted to thank the speaker as well as everyone at WAMAS who organize the quarterly meetings. The information passed along in the meetings and on the forums are so worth the tiny fee regardless of experience. It’s also great to put faces to  usernames and chat.

I know she mentioned this in the presentation but I just wanted to remind any new reefers about using the Bayer dip. While it’s a great low stress dip for corals, it will kill anything with a nervous system, which is pretty much everything else in your tank. Remember to rinse the corals very well after the dip. Wear protection for your eyes, hands and mouth and keep your dogs and cats away until after cleanup. 

19 minutes ago, dpassar12 said:

Just wanted to thank the speaker as well as everyone at WAMAS who organize the quarterly meetings. The information passed along in the meetings and on the forums are so worth the tiny fee regardless of experience. It’s also great to put faces to  usernames and chat.

I know she mentioned this in the presentation but I just wanted to remind any new reefers about using the Bayer dip. While it’s a great low stress dip for corals, it will kill anything with a nervous system, which is pretty much everything else in your tank. Remember to rinse the corals very well after the dip. Wear protection for your eyes, hands and mouth and keep your dogs and cats away until after cleanup. 

+1. I also don't flush it down the sink/toilet either. I prefer to throw it outside. I figure there's enough stuff in the water for sewage treatment already that poison shouldn't be another one. Maybe it doesn't make a difference, but maybe it does.