Just joined WAMAS and hoping to be at spring meeting

I used to be in the hobby in a big way almost 40 years ago. My wife and I are strongly considering getting back in. I cannot believe how things have changed in the last 40 years. Some of you may not have been born when I was in the hobby. We currently live in Chincoteague Island, VA. We hope to be at the meeting tomorrow and just didn't know what to expect. Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some advice on a tank design. We are currently working with FishTanksDirect on getting a custom acrylic aquarium built for us. Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Welcome, and looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!  (Well, technically today I guess.)   I think you'll find that we're a friendly bunch, and since we build in plenty of time to socialize I'm sure you'll have ample opportunities to meet other members and talk reefing.  (The good news is we wear name tags so you can connect faces with folks you may have "met" on the forum.)  We have a great speaker lined up, and there will be three sponsoring vendors as well as several members with tables selling coral and/or dry goods so you can see some of what's available in our area (let me just say I think we're very lucky).  Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions!

I am sooo sorry but we can't make it today. I was really looking forward to it too. Thanks so much for responding. Are there any more meetings or events planned in the hear future?

Sorry that we won't see you!  Check out the "Upcoming Events" in the top right corner of the forum to see what's going on.  The next club meeting will be Frag Fest on July 21.

Welcome and welcome back! That's too bad we weren't able to meet you today, but there are more coming up! I only moved to the area less than a year ago, and everyone is really friendly! There are some amazing tanks and knowledge in the area!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have decided that I will probably buy used tanks as the savings is tremendous by doing that. I will end up with 2 tanks with an estimated total (counting both tanks) of around 400 gallons. I already have one tank in mind that I am trying to acquire now that is not currently running with fish/coral. However I need another corner tank. I prefer acrylic and it could be either a bow front or pentagon tank and with or without filtration, fish and coral. If you know of anyone who is selling a corner tank I would appreciate it if you could put me in contact with them.  

I look forward to meeting everyone at the next meeting. My wife and I are so excited to get back in the hobby.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't need one corner tank to be 400 gallons as I am doing a dual tank set-up with what I hope is a combined 400 gallons or so. I found a good lead on a corner tank that I liked and should be picking it up this weekend. So, looking for a 2nd one, maybe in that 150 - 220 gallon range. I am flexible on that and if the deal is right I could get a rectangle tank instead of a corner, but I strongly prefer acrylic. Again - thanks for the reply

• 2 weeks later...