Dissolving shrooms/Cutting and fragging shrooms

Still_human

Shrooms dissolving

into brown slime during shipping...its killing me! (And the shrooms!)

Can shrooms be safely cut like soft corals, and apparently zoas? I know of someone who apparently safely and successfully cuts/frags his bounce shroom, but that was the first and only time Ive heard of cutting shrooms. Every time I buy shrooms recently, they're dissolving into brown slime by the time they arrive, or at least are about to--1 of 3 was already dissolving in the bag, but the other 2 looked fine but started dissolving later in the tank, which I'm sure must have been delayed from the shipping. It then occurred to me that if ALL shrooms can safely be cut, that could be a potential remedy, unless it's too late once they cross a line even before visually breaking down, as it seems might have been the case today.

*they were dipped(melafix&reef dip) pre-release, and all again later when the others began. I was surprisingly able to totally clean every bit of slime off on the first one before the last dip by holding it almost against the suction slots of a powerhead(although it might have just been due to there seeming to be more of a hard line of degeneration, instead of just entirely fading into brown sludge), so im thinking this is actually similar to having cut part off, although cutting would also remove any residual microscopic remains of bacteria/disease along the edge, so I guess I still won't know why it didn't work if it doesn't.

(edited)

I am SO INSANELY PROUD of myself, and in almost complete disbelief, but I actually managed to do what I believed impossible.....I saved the shrooms! A tiny one that was cloaked in brown slime, but thankfully turned out hadn't actually begun really dissolving yet, but also a shroom that is now only 1/2 remaining from the rest dissolved into the slime!!!!!! To me I basically just cured cancer, that's how amazed and proud I am lol!

Edited by Still_human