Zeovit question?

moga

so the zeovit rock reactor is a must??

anyone doing partial Zeovit dosing?

Edited by moga

If you are running the full system then yes, you’ll need it. It is used to tumble the zeolites which removes old / dead bacteria from the surface to be taken up by your skimmer.

I am not running the zeovit system, but was contemplating it at one point.  So I bought a bunch of the supplements (cv color, sponge power, amino acids, trace elements, etc.) and didn’t repurchase after they finished.  To me, the conversion wasn’t worth it based on the results I saw.   I did however continue with the amino acids and trace elements, just on an altered schedule to what was recommended.

7 hours ago, DFR said:

If you are running the full system then yes, you’ll need it. It is used to tumble the zeolites which removes old / dead bacteria from the surface to be taken up by your skimmer.

I am not running the zeovit system, but was contemplating it at one point.  So I bought a bunch of the supplements (cv color, sponge power, amino acids, trace elements, etc.) and didn’t repurchase after they finished.  To me, the conversion wasn’t worth it based on the results I saw.   I did however continue with the amino acids and trace elements, just on an altered schedule to what was recommended.

Ah. Thank you for your advice...

I ran a hybrid method with good success.  It really helped me get the tank back into shape, but I no longer need to use it as my tank has aged. Carbon dosing is a great way to build up you biological filter, just be careful not to let your nutrients get too low.  I didn't use any of the advanced dosing stuff, just the basic four part setup..  If you are looking for a reactor I have a nice one I used I could sell you.  I got my reactor from piper....

Darren