An interesting quarantine process

Yachaq

I am in the process of setting up a new system and currently figuring out different options for a QT. While doing this, I run into this post (see entry #35). The method described is a modification based on an article published here for fish quarantine that may be valuable where there is no space to setup a permanent system. In my limited experience, this seems to be an interesting solution and wonder what others think about it.

Jose

I have no quarantine but I dip most frags with bayer pesticide and examine the frag very carefully with a big magnifying glass. I once saw a zoa eating nudibranch on a frag and killed it before it became a problem. Not a perfect method but it helps.

I've been doing the TTM for years and swear by it. I use two 10g tanks on a metal freshwater stand. I use buckets too if I take in a bunch of fish.

I could write all day about it. Ammonia is your biggest enemy, so I do 25% daily water changes in between transfers plus daily Amquel dosing. Plus the water changes help remove any parasites in the water.

I've modified my TTM to help deal with all other parasites/issues I've found over the years. I don't recommend it for others because it is... probably overkill. More to come... (my Tapatalk app limits my word count for some reason).

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Day 1: freshwater dip with methylene blue. Into the bucket/tank with an antibiotic bath (type depends on what I see with the fish.) Start feeding a slurry of frozen food mixed with a binder and kanamycin.

Day 2: 25% water change, amquel dosing, and freshwater dip. Add more antibiotics.

Day 3: same as 2

Day 4: freshwater dip and change tanks. Continue antibiotics and food.

Continue Day 2 regimen (no more freshwater dips though) until day 7.

Day 7: tank transfer. Start Prazipro. Discontinue antibiotics unless there are still issues.

Continue with water changes, amquel, and transfers through the rest of the time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk