TOTM?

Leishman

It's with Elvis now. 

Good question. It's possible we lost the bandwidth to make it happen. Believe it or not, there's a good bit of volunteered time that goes into making them happen. 

The TOTM coordinator position is effectively vacant. We need another coordinator. The position requires probably two to three hours a month, but spread out. Our TOTM team consists of a coordinator, an webpage processor, and a photo processor. Together, the three roles produce the feature that you've come to enjoy. However, when one of those positions is vacant and without a backup (as was the coordinator position), the feature can't be produced.

Second, the coordinator's job and success depends upon nominations of new tanks being made by you, the membership. When those nominations are not forthcoming, we're missing THE critical element of the feature and the coordinator's job becomes much more difficult (and frustrating). For more than a year, nominations have been difficult to get. We've even gone so far as to offer incentives not only for winning, but also for nominating a winning tank. But, still, when we solicit your nominations... crickets.

As a result, we're looking for a new coordinator. Position requirements:

1) The TOTM coordinator will beat the drum in the forum to solicit nominations. They will try to figure out a way to get the community to respond with nominations.

2) Once nominations are received, the coordinator posts a thread to the TOTM Committee forum (which you'll have access to), so that the tanks can be voted on by the TOTM Committee and WAMAS Officers.

3) Once a winner is determined, the coordinator notifies the nominee and asking if they're willing to be TOTM. If willing, the coordinator will send out a form requesting information from them and ask them to take pictures.

4) Nearly simultaneously, the coordinator posts a thread to the Committee Forum to coordinate the feature. A photo and html processor are lined up.

5) When the form and pictures are returned from the nominee (by email), the coordinator forwards the raw material to the processors, who produce the content to create the feature.

This cycle repeats month to month.

If you've got a couple of hours a month to spare to do this job, we're interested in hearing from you.

Even if you don't, if we do manage to secure another coordinator then you, as a member of our WAMAS community, need to help make their job easier and help us by nominating tanks. No tanks, no TOTM.

(edited)

Tank of the quarter? Reduce workload for those involved, no need to find 12 per year, only need 4 nominations per year? It doesn’t fix current problems, but if it kicks back up it might help?

Edited by bues0022

18 minutes ago, chalicedude said:

I would like to help out. 

Great. Let me add you to the TOTM Committee and let you take a look at that forum. 

It probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to post when there are holes that needs to be filled.  I’m also willing to assist with anything that is needed to keep the club moving smoothly.  I’m sure there would be more volunteers with a little transparency.

1 hour ago, DFR said:

It probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to post when there are holes that needs to be filled.  I’m also willing to assist with anything that is needed to keep the club moving smoothly.  I’m sure there would be more volunteers with a little transparency.

Agreed, it's great that we have folks willing to help out! WAMAS is completely volunteer run, from board to admin, to TOTM, so sometimes things slip through the cracks! 

Many years ago, we tried to resuscitate  Picture of the Month (POTM). It was beyond frustrating because everybody loved the idea, but nobody would enter in any photos! 

This is exciting to have the conversation started, I imagine if you're willing, there's space on the TOTM committee! 

Thanks, folks. We've all been a little busy of late. Posting up open slots is something that got dropped through the cracks between who's aware of the problem and who's probably best suited to post the announcement. DFR, would you like to learn the coordinator's job, too, and function as a backup? Or between you and chalicedude, you can either split responsibilities across the job or alternate months? (Whatever works best.)

Thank you! I'm adding you both to the committee and making the announcement in that committee's forum. You should both be able to see it now.

Thanks for volunteering your time and talent. We appreciate it.