Anyone collecting wild or mari stuff?

I am curious if anyone is collecting wild or mariculture stuff right now.  If you are let me know what your seeing from tonga and aussie if you are.  I think both are still going but just take a little wait time to get in line.  There isn't much out there since indo has been offline but there is still some cool stuff that makes me happy.  I can't find any vendors that are selling colonies right now though, anyone know of any besides divers den?  Seems that everyone is relying on fragments to get by for now.  I am starting to collect again and am not interested in fragments from vendors, period.

I have a couple frags left over from the colony posted and a really nice frag of an Aussie blue and white table. Others I just picked up from a fragfest, growing out.

Yea I will have to swing by there again and pick up some of that stuff.  It really seems like not even any stores are trying to get any orders in of acropora so I figured I would see if there is anyone local I can get a hold of thats getting stuff.  Options are very limited I know but there has to be a few people interested in the same stuff I am.

I was at the CMAS meeting. They had a meeting the other weekend and split up several Aussie colonies they ordered. $20 chunks. They do it yearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting in some colonies from the west coast shipped out to me. They're still getting in wild collected pieces. I just think a lot doesn't make it out this way without a hefty premium.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Awesome! Did you get to pick the pieces you wanted?  Yea I went ahead and ordered a box of western aussie acros since nothing else is opened and they tend to be the nicer ones from there.  I am really happy at how well they came in.  I think the main problem with finding them at stores or ordering from wholesalers is they have been shipped and kept in different lighting for numerous periods and by the time they get to you they are pretty pale.  I like grabbing them straight from the country they come from so they take the least abuse.  Much better survival rates in my experience.  Glad to see someone else is buying wilds!

No, I wasn't able to pick what I wanted. It was more along the lines of, "hey, here's some money. Pick the nicest stuff and bargains and send them to me whenever the money is gone and/or the box is full" kind of thing. I was open to anything, so I'm not sure how many (if any) acros are actually coming. Back when this started I was reluctant to get sps due to weather, but there may be some in there now. We'll see how this works out.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Piper27 said:

Nevermind can't upload them for some reason, there on r2r if anyone wants to see them.e

Paul, it looks like your membership expired. That may be why you can't post the pictures - you may have run out of space.