Set up Kalk reactor to avoid overdoses?

So im going set up my kalk reactor and want to avoid an OD. I dont want to lose my ATO abilities if my pH goes too high. So normally ATO vessel, to kalk reactor, to sump. But i want to set up a way to have water bypass the Kalk reactor if my tank pH climbs to high (as determined by an Apex).

How do i do this? simply, cheaply, and reliably (i know sometimes you have to pick just two of factors. 

Im guessing something with a solenoid? Two pumps for water supply? What?

I’ve always been of the mindset to decouple ATO from kalk. Make it two systems. Then you can still have ATO capabilities no matter what happens to your kalk reactor/reservoir. Just have your kalk our in slightly less than you evap, and your ATO make up the difference. 

35 minutes ago, bues0022 said:

I’ve always been of the mindset to decouple ATO from kalk. Make it two systems. Then you can still have ATO capabilities no matter what happens to your kalk reactor/reservoir. Just have your kalk our in slightly less than you evap, and your ATO make up the difference. 

My evap swings significantly throught the year depending on AC use, Heat use, open house vs closed house, whether or not im cycling my lights etc. 

How I set up mine Kalk is this.

Check evap daily (on the low side of the year). pump that much water into the Kalk reactor.  and have a regular ATO in as well. 

This way the amount of Kalk is always the same no matter the evap.  

I also dose 2 parts on the side. 

I would highly recommend you read this article.  It discusses in detail setting up a kalk stirrer in a safe manor.

image.png.46e45eb66d164f2c73fbf2d4c3c2df43.png

Bruce