Plumbing the frag tank

dmatt56

I currently have a 180 dual return and dual retain going to a trigger systems sump. My sump has an extra input for a drain - so I want to add a small 29 frag tank to my system. I need some advice how to best do the plumbing.

I’m planning to drill the 29 with a 3/4” return and 1” drain. Can I use flex hose for both or should I hard plumb with pvc?

How big of a return pump should I plan for the frag tank? The frag tank will have power heads. I want to be mindful of any potential problems.

What advice do you all have? What am I forgetting? What can I improve? I’d like to plan ahead and avoid any potential problems.

Thanks

Matt

How far will the frag tank be from the sump?  Also when the power goes out, make sure you have enough room in the sump for the additional water volume. 

Personally i hard plumbed the drain off my 34 gallon frag tank into my sump and I’m running the return off spa flex to a sea swirl. 

Im running a controllable tunze pump so I can change the flow amount if needed. 

You could just t the return pump add a ball valve or gate valve to feed the frag tank. Run a drain to the sump so u can use a filter sock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk