7 posts / 56 viewsLast Reply

This is a stupid question but does anyone know if the waste water is chlorinated? Im trying to find other ways to use this water as I find it extremely wasteful. It’s weird before I had a kid I coulda cared less. But now I find myself caring and I can’t turn it off. 

If I had a house, I'd run it into the washer. Or into a water barrel outside for plants/yard. 

I have been in same boat. You can use it to wash cloths. I did this for a while. Then i up graded my washer. Now it has a fancy sensor so when i put the water in, it senses how much water is in there and empties it out. (sucks). Now i have a big 80G storage tank outside that i fill up and will use it to water the garden.

I was trying to build a koi pond and use the waste water to top off the pond. My wife put a hold on my fish expansion.

Does the waste still have chlorine or does that get filtered out? I’m thinking of using it for my aquaponic system I’m building. Does anyone here have one running? 

My guess is that the chlorine would get removed by the carbon filter stages before the RO filter, but I'm not totally sure of that.  

A little bit of chlorine might be OK for growing plants, though, to keep the mold down.  Not as OK if you're also growing fish in it.

Chlorine should be gone with with filters you are using