Don’t forget to turn your RODI off

gmerek2

6393c74da624051fa674244c090ddeba.jpg

I find my brain doing this less now that I have my trash cans ATO reservoir surrounded with moisture alarms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely with you.  Flooded too many times.  I use a dial switch now. Like on garden hose

Amazon. 

Orbit 62034 Mechanical Watering Timer

1. Orbit 62034 Mechanical Watering Timer
  2. 51PyDAiYsaL._AC_SY400_.jpg
  3. 517zTkuXQOL._AC_SY200_.jpg
  4. 414J-%2B8VTcL._AC_SY200_.jpg

Definitely with you.  Flooded too many times.  I use a dial switch now. Like on garden hose
Amazon. 
Orbit 62034 Mechanical Watering Timer  
  1. 51jOkC7GNhL._AC_SY400_.jpg
  2. 51PyDAiYsaL._AC_SY400_.jpg
  3. 517zTkuXQOL._AC_SY200_.jpg
  4. 414J-%2B8VTcL._AC_SY200_.jpg

Wow no clue these existed thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do this all the time also. I have a float switch so I don't have a flood but I do waste a LOT of water and media when I forget. 

I really should just get a float but I keep putting it off. I set my phone alarm to check every hour until the reservoir gets near full, then I check every 15 minutes or so. Inevitably though I will be in the middle of something else and just turn my phone alarm off and forget to go check the RODI. Then I have a load of towels to throw in the dryer..... Oops!

• 3 weeks later...

Last night my water alarm thing didn't go off and I fell asleep in my chair with water on. There was an empty 12g tank on the floor next to the 40 brute, and luckily the way the water was slowly spilling over around the brute rim sent it right into the 12g. The 12g started to overflow after that, but things would have been a lot worse if I hadn't been too lazy to put that empty tank somewhere besides the floor (it's been empty for over a year).