PAR 38 bulb info

BowieReefer84

Looking to setup a nano around 10gal, and I am looking hard at the RapidLED PAR 38 bulb to light the tank. For $79 it seems you can't go wrong, and the led's they use are high quality and in a good ratio. Anyone have experience with this PAR 38 bulb or any others for that matter? 

https://www.rapidled.com/12-led-par38-bulb-mixed-color/ 

I think a long time ago a good number of club members were using these at some sort of capacity. I ran one for about a month over a nano, everything did OK, but short term experience ;)

1 minute ago, epleeds said:

Reach out to zygote. I think he ran a tank with 12-14 of them over it. 

Just buy the nanobox mini :)

LoL, everybody want's everybody else to ball hard. 

I have the kingbo bulb on Amazon for $26 on a 20g. Then I got two once went up to 40b.

When I went to the 40 we had it too high and I lost a bta that had been recovering from a filter incident. But lowered it and everything seems fine. Also bought the machine mini you see eat about the size of a quarter in August now it's about the size of my spread hand. The Duncan went from one to many heads, and the pink leather got much bigger. Pretty decent. Tank is still new, 40b since about December. So lots of cyano... 598cbc422fde29d842b76bd2960053e5.jpg79d9f31cf7d8a3dbe8fb70a92c6bdaa7.jpgbe67ef15ec8d5bb767fb34030f8cf307.jpgd20fd80c656dbc1c0e705f365b8671a5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks! That's the maxi mini carpet anemone. For reference it's the size of a woman's palm. That crab might not be the small kind.... default_smile.png

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Wow, I as not aware that they can comne in such pretty coloration, looks like a giant ricordia. All I've ever seen are ugly maxi minis.

I've read good things about these too on nano-reef (they're also known as aquaknight fixtures if you care to look).

HIPARGERO LED Aquarium Light – Aquarium LED Lights 30W Saltwater Lighting with Touch Control and 3W Cree Chips for Coral Reef Fish Nano Tank (New) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0727V8C5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_iZdGCb7T4NYWY

-A-a-ron