Check out my new Reef Toy (Reefkinetics Reefbot)

cpu933k

Yep! Reefkinetics Reefbot.

https://www.reefkinetics.com/

Standalone device with it's own app and cloud. No need for Apex. Designed to work with specific reagents for different tests. Can schedule how often you want to test.

So far I've used the Salifert Alkalinity. API Ca, and API NO3 with it. It matches my manual testing with Hanna alk, Salifert Ca, and Salifert NO3.

I'm waiting for my RedSea alk and Mg tests to come as well as Giessman PO3.

Very cool. I saw a video of this at one of the Reefpaloza. Sure will simply testing a lot.  How long does the Salifert Ca test take?

Pretty cool. You’ll have to give a review and time lapse video. Most videos online don’t really show it in action.

I see some value in automated testing, but it only takes me 15-20 minutes to complete it. How often are you going to set it to test? I think this would be even cooler if they could tie it into your dosing system to automatically compensate for fluctuations in demand. For example, if your corals started growing then it would detect that your parameters dropped and increase dosing. If you sell off some coral colonies (or die off) and your demand drops then it could compensate for you.

It's about the size of a desktop computer. The biggest drawback is it has to be within 1 meter (3 feet) from the tank/sump and RODI reservoir. Hopefully this can be addressed.

I think I'll probably check alk daily, Ca, Mg, NO3, and PO4 weekly. There are only certain test kits that work with it (mainly those with liquid only reagents), but they are testing more out as well as piloting some test kits with powders (RedSea Ca). So far I've tested Salifert alk, API Ca, and API NO3 and have gotten good agreement with my manual testing with Hanna alk, Salifert Ca, and Salifert NO3. I'm waiting on RedSea alk, Mg, and Giesemann PO4 test kits to arrive. The tests take a long time to complete (~40 min per test) so this is not something you would use if you needed the results right away. It would be good to use on a schedule (like at night) or remotely. You are also limited to 8 vials at a time and each reagent uses 1 vial. So RedSea Mg, which has 3 reagents, would use 3 vials. Not sure that one will be worth it. That being said, it does come with 12 vials, so you could keep 4 vials on standby and swap them out when you want to test that parameter.

• cpu933k changed the title to Check out my new Reef Toy (Reefkinetics Reefbot)