Online store with the best rewards?

I do pretty much all of my dry goods shopping from saltwateraquarium.com. They don't charge tax and their free shipping gets to the DMV area typically in 2-3 days (as opposed to a week or over a week with BRS). They have a rewards program, but I haven't really compared it with BRS to see which is better.

Plus, they are a wamas sponsor.

Marine Depot also has a pretty good reward program and a nice selection of equipment.  I’d say their program is similar to that of BRS.

I do pretty much all of my dry goods shopping from saltwateraquarium.com. They don't charge tax and their free shipping gets to the DMV area typically in 2-3 days (as opposed to a week or over a week with BRS). They have a rewards program, but I haven't really compared it with BRS to see which is better.

Plus, they are a wamas sponsor.

+1 make sure you go to the freebie section before you check out and good reward points that don’t expire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saltwateraquarium.com and brs have both been super good to me even when stuff went wrong 

23 hours ago, smh254 said:

+1 make sure you go to the freebie section before you check out and good reward points that don’t expire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Never knew about the freebies section!

(edited)

Yea sadly brs has very slow shipping, ive purchased from MD before and didnt know they have a reward program! Ill have to give em a look, saltwateraquariums rewards and freebies and shipping have me going there 7 times outta 10. Marine depot ill have to give a second look! Whats their free ship speed like?

Edited by realypk

On 3/3/2019 at 12:48 AM, realypk said:

Yea sadly brs has very slow shipping, ive purchased from MD before and didnt know they have a reward program! Ill have to give em a look, saltwateraquariums rewards and freebies and shipping have me going there 7 times outta 10. Marine depot ill have to give a second look! Whats their free ship speed like?

I've never had a problem with MD's shipping speed. They have two distribution centers - one in the west (Nevada) and one in the east (Atlanta, GA). Most of the time, it takes two days, but sometimes three, for stuff to reach me. WHen ordering from SaltwaterAquarium.com, a lot of stuff that I get from them comes to me out of Gettysburg (I think). So it takes 1-2 days in most cases.

Nice last time i ordered it wasnt urgent so didnt really remember how long it took lol. But 2-3 is pretty good, i made the mistake of ordering in an emergency from brs, and ended up placing an order with saltwateraquarium.com 4 days later when i saw 0 progress on brs and the saltwater aquarium stuff still got to me waaay before the brs stuff arrived like 5 days sooner lol.

Distance of brs stinks :-/ its one of their very few downsides

In urgent situations, post here on WAMAS and check the region's LFS's. (Besides helping your small-business neighbor, frequenting your LFS helps them keep the lights on and available to you in these situations.) Most of the time, you'll find that somebody has what you need on the shelf, or some helpful advice that can help fix things or tide you over.

5 hours ago, Origami said:

In urgent situations, post here on WAMAS and check the region's LFS's. (Besides helping your small-business neighbor, frequenting your LFS helps them keep the lights on and available to you in these situations.) Most of the time, you'll find that somebody has what you need on the shelf, or some helpful advice that can help fix things or tide you over.

I agree, John at BRK has bailed me out twice when I have had temperature probes go bad on my ACIII controller and things go nuts.  It was a long drive both times from Germantown and BWI airport areas but he was the nearest Neptune dealer with a probe in stock.  I keep a spare in my cabinet now.

Taught me to put in safety statements into my programming and buy a spare temp probe just in case.

Makes sense for sure! I do visit some of the local establishments and they generally do have pretty darn good pricing that can be had if you talk to em!

On 3/5/2019 at 1:37 PM, Big Country said:

I agree, John at BRK has bailed me out twice when I have had temperature probes go bad on my ACIII controller and things go nuts.  It was a long drive both times from Germantown and BWI airport areas but he was the nearest Neptune dealer with a probe in stock.  I keep a spare in my cabinet now.

Taught me to put in safety statements into my programming and buy a spare temp probe just in case.

Kind of off-topic, but what type of safety statement did you create?  I’m not familiar with any for probes and would like to incorporate something similar on my Apex.  

2 hours ago, DFR said:

Kind of off-topic, but what type of safety statement did you create?  I’m not familiar with any for probes and would like to incorporate something similar on my Apex.  

When temp probes fail they either read really low or really high values.  I wrote a statement If Temp<60 htr off, if temp >82 light off and fan on.  If you run a chiller I'd write a statement of if temp>85 then chiller off