Questions on adding fish

Nakie31

Good morning everyone I have a quick question, I have a 45gl. Tank that has been up and running for just about one year, all my levels are right where they should be, in my tank I have a cleaner shrimp which I have had for close to five years, but I just lost my snowflake clown fish that I had for one year. I just added more clean up crew. My question is do you think my tank is stable enough to add 2 small clowns and a lawnmower blenny at the same time after they have been quarantine while add coral?

I think it should be fine. 3 small fish is about the same bioload as 1 large. I say go for it. 
I agree, if your levels are right, everything seems good(& quite Established), I'd say go for it. :)

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

A 45g that’s been running for a year should have enough of a bio load to sustain the addition of those fish.  I also don’t see any harm in it.

Good luck!

Biological filtration capacity and adding livestock (increasing bioload) is really an incremental adaptation. Unless you ghost-feed, the addition of livestock (and the additional waste that comes as a result of feeding them) adds to the stream of biological waste. This, in turn, encourages additional bacteria growth, thereby adding to your biological filter. Conversely, death or removal of livestock can result in a decrease in available waste that, ultimately, reduces bacteria counts, etc. The point is, it's mostly the relative incremental change that's key as long as the tank is stable. For new systems, stability hasn't yet been achieved. For more established systems, the capacity to respond to changes is better only because you're already at "full capacity" given the available stream of waste/nutrients. Adding a few small fish shouldn't be much of a problem, though. 

You can always increase the capacity of your biological filter in advance of introducing larger numbers of fish by slowly increasing feeding or ghost-feeding in the case of new, fishless systems.