Bars By Bud closed :(

dangros

It seems that Bars By Bud is now gone!  Not only was it a well priced place to refill my CO2 tank but Bud was a really nice guy with whom I always cracked a joke or 2 during my fills.

Sucks to see the place go.  Anyone know of alternatives?

I've used both places. The last several times, though, I've traded out my cylinders at Robert's in Sterling.

16 hours ago, YHSublime said:

I didn't know we got a discount, I've always done Roberts!

Thread here in the Members Discussion area.

Jays Brewing in Manassas refills tanks. They’re open Monday-Thrus until 630pm fri and sat 7pm. Not sure if the home brew shop in falls church does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ajae said:

Jays Brewing in Manassas refills tanks. They’re open Monday-Thrus until 630pm fri and sat 7pm. Not sure if the home brew shop in falls church does.

I don't know if they refill or just exchange. I know they have CO2 at least. Same with 3 Stars Brewing in DC. 

I don't know if they refill or just exchange. I know they have CO2 at least. Same with 3 Stars Brewing in DC. 

We do both, refill if your tank is within date, or exchange if out of date. I know because I work there. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is good info.  I bought an aluminum tank way back when, and it was nice and clean, but Roberts doesn't fill, they just exchange.  The one near Shady Grove Metro seems to have 5lb aluminum ones to exchange for most of the time, though.  If I bought a new one I'd definitely want it filled rather than exchanged.

57 minutes ago, Ajae said:

We do both, refill if your tank is within date, or exchange if out of date. I know because I work there. Lol

I was talking about My Local Homebrew Store and 3 Stars :)

That’s what I did. I had a nice new tank and didn’t want to trade it in for a beat up one. That’s why I went to Bud.  After a few years of salt on it, I’m not as married to a container plus it’s pretty much tucked away where it’s difficult to see. 

Thanks for the info guys. I actually had a scheduled surgery the day after getting the tank swapped. Having the calcium reactor stop working that close to being away from home is  stress I didn’t need. Luckily it all worked out!!  So again, thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...
Why do you guys inject CO2 into your reef tanks?  (i.e. talk me into buying a new gadget.  :D)
We have calcium reactors.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Aha.  That makes sense.  May be a bit much for my 29g, though...
Ha! Yes, probably is a bit much right now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk