Sign in to follow this  
Still_human

Any bandit angelfish reef tank luck?

9 posts / 165 viewsLast Reply

Ive heard that as far as angelfish go, bandit angelfish can relatively safe for reef tanks. Does anyone have successful experience, or unsuccessful attempts at keeping a bandit in a reef?

ive heard the same for goldflakes, so if anyone happens to have info on that, Id be happy to hear, also.

Edited by Still_human

No one has had personal experience, or even just heard of experiences of bandits, or goldflakes in reef tanks?

I've personally seen goldflake angels in a sps dominated system.  All inheritance were feed frozen food and nori daily.

I have a friend with both in his tank. got them both as super small juvi. ~1". havent seen the tank in a year or so, but he had everything, mainly sps, some LPS and some zoas. 

23 hours ago, RW09903 said:

I've personally seen goldflake angels in a sps dominated system.  All inheritance were feed frozen food and nori daily.

22 hours ago, hlem said:

I have a friend with both in his tank. got them both as super small juvi. ~1". havent seen the tank in a year or so, but he had everything, mainly sps, some LPS and some zoas. 

Awesome, thank you so much! Im going to have everything in it too, so I was was worried I'd have SOMETHING they'd want to eat.

Mine are bigger than an inch though, but hopefully that wouldn't make much of a difference.

On 3/7/2019 at 8:09 AM, overklok said:

I used to have a Bandit Angel in a SPS LPS reef, no problems.

Fantastic! I'm so relieved to hear about all these positive experiences! If I just heard one, I'd still be worried, but this many good, and no bad, definitely points to it being a theme, and not just a fluke:)

thanks so much for you guys' input! Im still interested in hearing of anyone else's experiences, positive or negative!

I purchased a baby gold flake angel (a gorgeous fish) but he ate every type of coral I had....I had to tear apart the tank to get him out....I will not try again.

Darren

I have multiple Angel's in a large mixed reef. Goldflake, regal, queen, emperor, and plan to add a blue face. Only coral I cannot keep is acans and really soft stuff like meat coral and wellso. I have tons of frog spawn torch sps zoas gorgs chalices