MACNA 2019 flights

BowieReefer84

I just thought why not hit Disney for the weekend and enjoy MACNA 2019. Hotel rates are really good, and I enjoy the Swan very much as a hotel. It's not to bad of a walk to Epcot and you can ride the ferry to Hollywood Studios. Then I went to check flights. For three adults it was going to be $1,300 roundtrip on southwest (or 76,000 points). And this was selecting the least expensive fares.

Anyone have cheaper flights they are seeing posted?

I haven't booked mine yet.  I'm interested if anyone is seeing anything inexpensive too, but I kind of doubt it.  I'll be there from 8/22 to 9/2.

Yea, I can't justify flying the three (soon to be four) of us down for $1,300 for just the weekend. And I WON"T drive with a baby and toddler. Oh well. 

I was just down there last August, and have been to Disney about 14 times now I think. The #1 spot to eat for me this last time was Artist Point with Le Cellier a very close second.

Alan, you taking the entire family down? 

Yes, taking the whole family down.  I saw you in the lunchroom today.  Should have hollered.

Vacation will be from 8/22 to 8/27 and then I have to start working the event from Tuesday to the next Monday so they'll fly home on the 27th.

Maybe we should get a WAMAS bus to go down there. 8)

$1300 for 3 is a little high but still not too bad considering that it's still in summer season. Try searching in neighboring airports. Also, check late at light (1-3AM) for deals. 

45 minutes ago, AlanM said:

Yes, taking the whole family down.  I saw you in the lunchroom today.  Should have hollered.

Vacation will be from 8/22 to 8/27 and then I have to start working the event from Tuesday to the next Monday so they'll fly home on the 27th.

Maybe we should get a WAMAS bus to go down there. 8)

WAMAS BUS, WAMAS BUS, but seriously, I'd be game for this....

United has a basic economy for $228 round-trip with travel dates of 29 Aug and 1 Sep for the return (Dulles to Orlando).

46388626734_bd9d18846c_b.jpg

Edit: as low as $228 actually

Edited by madweazl

On 2/16/2019 at 9:08 AM, AlanM said:

Seriously we are considering Amtrak. Auto train DC to Orlando could be fun. 

ALAN! 

See this link for a "slick deal."

https://slickdeals.net/f/12841786-amtrak-offers-buy-one-get-one-free-valentine-s-day-sale-book-by-feb-18-2019?sdxt01=2019-02-15+13%3A59%3A23&sdxt06=Adobe+Auto+DA+Curated&sdxt07=526633&utm_source=dealalerts&utm_medium=em-i&utm_term=18&utm_content=13660895&utm_campaign=da_newreg_curated_v2&src=da_newreg_curated_42839791 

NEVERMIND, it ended yesterday and travel needed to be done by July. 

Edited by BowieReefer84

The thing is the train is slower than driving. If I want to take my time I will just drive for a couple hundred in gas round trip. I was just hoping to get there cheap and quick. I guess when looking for three flights instead of just myself cheap is out of the question. 

You can carry on. TSA allows water if the animal in it is alive.

Coral is trickier to explain because it isn't obvious to some TSA officials that it is a living creature, but there is a nice carrier that one vendor sells at the event specifically made for carrying frags on the plane in a way that lets them test the water if they want. I gave one away as a freebie at our last wamas meeting. 

5 hours ago, BowieReefer84 said:

I don't even have a tank! Maybe by 2019 MACNA that will change. 

I don't either!  It gives me way more time to work MACNA registration.

I miss it and will set up one soon, but for now I didn't miss having to run out to set up the generator yesterday morning at 5am when the power went out.

On 2/14/2019 at 4:09 PM, YHSublime said:

WAMAS BUS, WAMAS BUS, but seriously, I'd be game for this....

You gonna drive the bus?