Anyone ever reseal a deep blue frag tank??

epleeds

So mine started a small leak and I took it offline and drained it. Seems deep blue isn’t bringing in anymore tanks at the moment so I’m wondering how easy is it to reseal it?  

Do i I pull the inside seams out and just reseal it. Or do I put silicon overtop the seals that are already there and just completely cover it up. 

It doesnt have to be pretty, just water right. 

Also, what silicon does everyone use that’s reef safe. It can be clear or black as long as it’s water tight and reef safe. 

Thanks. 

I've resealed a tank before. Razor blade to remove the interior silicone on the clean it off real well spend some time on it. Then reseal from the inside. It worked pretty well for me on a 36 gallon for bout two years before I traded it away and heard no negative affects. Making it look pretty even with the tools can be a challenge unless you use tape which I highly recommend to get a professional looking straight line. Cant really over due it on silicone but you can under do it so keep that in mind!!! I say a nice moderate bead and then once nice smooth motion up. Use only 100% silicone!

Not sure if thats how it should be done but it worked for me and I only had a small leak in one area, like small slow leak.