Any one running Red Sea NoPox ?

Tommy

I would like your feedback please,  and how long did it takes before you start seeing improvement.  I am having crazy GHA and Bryospis problem and would like to get it solved.  Thanks in advance.

I haven’t used Nopox, but I have used a combination of vinegar and vodka similar to nopox’s composition.  From what I remember, it took maybe 2 days for me to start seeing results (decreases nutrient levels).  GHA is pretty easy to combat, but Bryopsis needs to be treated as soon as it is observed.  If it is on a rock that can be removed, remove the rock and spray the affected area with peroxide, wait a couple minutes then place the rock back in the tank (you’ll see bubbles which is normal as peroxide is an oxidizing agent and this will not negatively affect your system).  If it is on a rock that cannot be removed, try using peroxide in a syringe on the affected area.  Good luck, hope this helps!

How long have you been running it and what you think of it?  Thanks 
I have been using it for 6 months. It does it job but you have to be careful not to overdo it because it can cause cyano.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have used NoPox to control Nitrates, but as stated above, be careful not to over dose. I start with half the recommended dose and still ended up with cyano.

If you have Bryopsis you should use fluconazole to treat. Probably going to solve your issue much faster than NoPox. Then slowly use the Nopox to control Nitrate and Phosphate. Do you have any good algae control fish? 

49 minutes ago, Sharkey18 said:

I have used NoPox to control Nitrates, but as stated above, be careful not to over dose. I start with half the recommended dose and still ended up with cyano.

If you have Bryopsis you should use fluconazole to treat. Probably going to solve your issue much faster than NoPox. Then slowly use the Nopox to control Nitrate and Phosphate. Do you have any good algae control fish?  

I agree with Sharkey18, NoPox will not solve your algae issue. It is mainly design to reduce nitrate and phosphate.

I do not have any algae control fish because the 2 nanos (Nuvo 10, Nuvo 20) are the ones with big GHA problem, my big tank has a couple tangs in it so only Bryospis problem in that one lol.  I think its from bad dry rock, I didn't soak it good enough before aquascaping, just rinsed.   I will look in to fluconazole.  Thanks guys! 

Before going the route of fluconazole, try the peroxide approach.  I usually try to save medications for a last resort.  Plus a bottle of peroxide can be purchased for $1 so you really have nothing to lose.

I tried peroxide before but maybe I didn't use enough or dipping it long enough because I was afraid to cause too much harm.  I think I will do it again with more peroxide this time before resorting to Fluconazole.  Thanks a bunch !