Butterfly fish facial wound?

Still_human

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Sadly the other fish (tangs&angels) occasionally harass my butterfly, and this came up months ago, which at the time I thought it was a stab wound from a tangs spine(Ive seen them in the position before), but while it seemed to slowly start to get better, it never went away. Recently tho, in the past week or so, it's gotten more prominent, which would be weird, unless it's something else entirely. If u can't tell, it's actually a puncture, although it's not deep at all, probably a millimeter or two, and the white part is white because it's raised up like a crater. It doesn't look infected to me or anything, and he seems to be in perfect shape otherwise, both looking and acting. Ive treated with melafix for a few days with no results, so tonight I just switched to pimafix. Ive just been removing copper from a pretty long and relatively strong copper treatment, so that might help identify it, by eliminating anything that copper would have worked on, like being from a parasite, or something.

(sorry for the salt marks, I didn't want to clean them off right then cause it may have spooked him and I wouldnt have been able to get as good shots)

IMG_9138.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

IMG_9142.JPG

If it is raised, that is a good sign as it shows that the healing process is taken place.  Usually the first sign I notice that a fish is being picked on is torn fins.  His fins, feeding and behavior shows positive signs.  I would just continue to monitor and ween off of the copper as you are doing.  This may actually be a form of trombosis caused by a bruise or some sort of point impact, where neither the antibiotic nor antifungal treatment would show signs of improved health.  If after about a week you don’t see improved signs using Pimafix, I’d also ween him off of that and just monitor him.

Yeah, it wasn't really cratering out like u can see now, until very recently. I was excepting it to just close in on itself, not raising out like this. The harass him, but he's never gotten damaged fins or anything, but they definitely pose off face/tail tail/face, so it made sense to me that a tang flicked its tail while in a face off and punctured his forehead. I feel awful. Ive had to barrier off my new bandit angel cause he chased him constantly, so I need to wait until I introduce a few new things before I give the bandit his full tank privledges back.