Great meeting today! Rough start, but wow!

Origami

Alan and I were aware about 11:20 this morning that we had a problem with our reservation at Kilmer Middle School leading to a few more gray hairs on my head and I'm sure heart palpitations for Alan. Anyway, thanks to the wonderful staff at Kilmer Middle School who went out on a limb for us, we managed to set up in the cafeteria (which was a great venue, I thought) and did pretty well in keeping the meeting on schedule (good job, Alan!). We made posts and sent out two rounds of bulk emails to keep you updated on our situation. Thank you, WAMAS community, for your patience!

The speaker, Wayne Scott, was great and simply engaging. And so many of our members turned out! Before he took the stage, he let me know that ours was the largest group of people that he had ever spoken to - and that includes his two speaking engagements at MACNA in 2016 and 2018. After the talk, I looked over and noticed so many of you surrounding and talking to him. It went on for such a long time. I'm pretty sure that, not only were we the biggest group that he's every talked to, but also that he probably regards us as the best group he's ever spoken to. Thank you all for being so welcoming and thank you, John Coppolino, for bringing Wayne in for us. 

Thanks to our sponsors: BRK, Dr. Mac, and FishnReef for coming out and being with us, and for your years of support. And thanks to all who helped set up and break down: Our officers, and our regulars who always pitch in.

Congratulations to Hilary and to Milton who will serve us another two years as VP and as Secretary! We always need good people and you two are among the best.

Great meeting, but I can't say that I wasn't worried at first....  ;-)

:thumbsup:

I have been coming to WAMAS meetings since the very first one. This club is without exception the best anywhere! In the past years I use to go to 25 to 30 club events a year around the country,  none compare to WAMAS. Thanks to everyone that volunteers to make such great events and continuing to encourage and support the hobby!

Yes this was a really nice event. I originally planned on leaving at 3 (due to other another obligation) but W. Scott’s presentation was so captivating that I couldn’t help but stay till he was finish.  The members that I spoke to at the meeting also made my “first club event” a welcoming venture.  Thanks guys, looks like i’ll be here for a while :biggrin:

Thanks for all the hard work everyone put into such a great day! This was my first WAMAS event, and it didn't disappoint!

From the venue (you had me fooled - I would've never guessed that was a backup plan) to the vendors, speaker, raffle (mercy...how did I win so much?!), snacks...and company! It was great meeting so many people, and there are still many more to meet next time!

Thanks again, and I'd love to help out in the future!

Nikki

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The cafeteria seems to be a great alternative. Thanks to the WAMAS staff for working that out. I know it must have been stressful. 

I also enjoyed the presentation. Mr. Scott was quite funny and engaging. Big thanks to gws3 and leishman for the frags I picked up in the raffle!