Emergency pump loan

flowerseller

My hammerhead has died and I need to borrow something 1.5" in x 1.5" out till the new one comes.

Anything like  that that can circulate water temporarily is helpful

Anyone got something I can borrow for about a week - 10 days tops?

I'm in McLean, VA

text me 

Thank you

Chip, I probably have some Darts at home. I won't pass by there before tonight's dinner, but will be at the meeting tomorrow. Dart inlet is 2"; discharge is 1.5". You would have to adapt somehow.

If that doesn't work, I'll look at my other Reeflo pumps, too, and let you know.

Just an option in the event that something better matched doesn't show up.

Check with Dave Lin, too. He used to run a bunch of Hammerheads on his system before shutting it down. He's probably sold off the pumps, but just in case he hasn't he might have them on the shelf.

I have a Coral Box DCA 12000 (~3000g/h)  if it fits the bill, it has a few pair of adapters and one pair seems to measure 1.5", can send photos w/ measurement to double check if you're still looking. Will in the Rockville area tonight and at meeting tomorrow.

just finished cleaning up an old HH from DaveLin he is letting me borrow.

Getting ready to fire it up.

Thanks for all the texts and offers.

If you didn't know it,

know it now,

the fish community is the best community of friends you will have in your lifetime.

Rock on

If you didn't know it,
know it now,
the fish community is the best community of friends you will have in your lifetime.
Rock on

You said it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, flowerseller said:

If you didn't know it,

know it now,

Rock on

I'm glad it worked out and that Dave still had the pumps on the shelf. I remembered that he used to run something like four of them on that big tank of his. We missed you both at dinner. I'd heard that you were working on getting the pump back in circuit. 

13 hours ago, flowerseller said:

unfortunately sitting on the shelf may not be as good as running. It leaks too. But a towel moat helps

lol

When you're done you can rebuild it for Dave. ;-)

UPDATE:

I was now loosing about 8g over a 20 hour period. Thank god for extra towels and my wife tag teaming with the towel brigade.

I knew the risk of using and old salt water pump from someones shelf but needed to anyway.

I decided I had little to loose and decided to take the loaner pump apart and see what I could do.

Through this, I was able to take my old pump and the loaner pump and use different parts from each to create 1 pump.

I ended up using my motor, fan, back cap and rear volute housing, Dave's impeller and front volute housing and my o-ring.

Had a lot of clean up work on the motor shaft and needed to use a die on it to allow the impeller to spin back on and seat in place.

Then I installed the new rear seal into my original rear volute housing and the front seal onto Dave's old impeller. 

No leaks,  throws water like it was new, and runs cool and quiet. NICE!

MORAL: salt water pumps sitting for extended periods may leak unless meticulously cleaned before shelfing. 

Come into work this morning to find one of my 4 door flower coolers is not cooling and hot. SHOOT - lol