Filter roller for the sump

Scubaguy

Has anyone installed a filter roller and is it worth it? I’m bad with socks. 

Thoughts? Pictures of your set up.

richie

I absolutely love mine. I have the thieling rollermat. There are pics under current totm. I am the same. I hated dealing with filter socks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I will go look. I would need some assistance in seeing how I can install. I’ve been thinking of getting one.

I also have a thieling rollermat. I had the drain line from my 150 gallon tank running to it with a tee fitting allowing excess water to divert into the sump. So ended up with only about half of the water that left the tank actually getting through the filter. This was definitely removing particulate from the tank but again, half the water was still dumping into the sump without any filtration. So then I wasn't sure how effective it was even though it was removing some articulate. I feel like I need either two roller systems combined in order to handle all the water flow or else one big giant roller mat if one existed. If I remember right, one roll of material lasted about 3 months. I don't have it hooked up at the moment I'm not sure what I'm going to do next.

Pictures of my rollermat setup are near the end of this posting:

Edited by Rob A