Maxi anemones are(nt) photosynthetic

Still_human

I just wanted to check--I just heard from someone that maxi anemones are NON- photosynthetic!!!! That idea blows my mind, Ive always "known" they were photosynthetic, and never heard anything about them being non! Can this really be true? Ive always fed mine plenty, so I wouldn't have had the opportunity to find out, first-hand.

If we’re talking about maxi-mini nems, I don’t agree with them being NPS. I had a maxi-mini that I got at 4” and grew it to 6” with sparse feeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(edited)
55 minutes ago, elwallacejr said:

If we’re talking about maxi-mini nems, I don’t agree with them being NPS. I had a maxi-mini that I got at 4” and grew it to 6” with sparse feeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, those r the ones. Yeah, that's always been my understanding. I'm not as familiar with them as I am most things, so I'm not just going to ignore someone who has lots of experience with them. If u feed them regularly anyway, like I did, I guess there's really no way to be sure first-hand. 

What are anyone's thoughts on the most intense color-exposing/enhancing actinic light possible? I bought 2 that were beyond impressive, and in person they're mostly brown...among as ugly as I've ever seen, and even if it takes a spotlight on them to bring those colors out, I'd like to do what I can, if it's even possible. all the rainbow colors are almost brown looking, or look like whatever color with a dark gray, or brown, or ugly filter over it. Here we go...

guess which pictures r which--display or reality.IMG_9100.PNG.a292b2f44b1aaa6625ae36ce6e4691ad.PNG

IMG_9098.JPG

IMG_9099.PNG

Edited by Still_human

(edited)

Actually, I just noticed that bottom picture isn't even the one in that picture, that I received:/ no green center, no dark blue/purple ring, and some of the light yellow mini-stripes are in the wrong places. Even so, I'm imagining the correct one would have the same issue. For all I can tell tho, both r the wrong ones, and the right ones DO look amazing:/ 

...the plot thickens:(

*if anyone can help me find any differences between the other two, I'd greatly appreciate it! 

Edited by Still_human