ATO quesion

Prinz

its this kind, i just notice that my water level is about 1 and a half inches below the float sensor,

it was working a day ago,
unit is powered on
sensor light comes on and off but not pumping water,

pump is good, tested it on a different outlet

06ef7df09571ee88f61809035e7de3e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks like it uses 2 float switches.  Not familiar with this specific system but I’d first remove and clean both float switches (or at minimum spray it with RODI to remove any salt).  Next I’d dissemble and clean the pump.

When the sensor lights com on and off, does the pump light turn on?

I have that same ato for 7+ years.

If you're using aqualifter pump, make sure it still function properly and less than 30" high.

If not pumping water and sensor come on and off when you move the floater up or down then your pump is not function properly.

Does the pump kicked on then you move the float up?

Test the pump to see if it pump water (not just plug into another outlet).

Manually move the float switches to see if the expected behavior occurs (e.g. pump turns on/off based on the float switch position). Adding to the recommendations above. The JBJ only runs for a few minutes and then cuts off as a safety measure. Raise the float switch and release it to reset the timer and see if it is pumping water. If so, then manually topoff the tank with rodi and monitor it. If the pump isn’t able to keep up with evaporation then this will keep happening.

As Chuck mentioned, although it is called an Aqualifter (if you run this pump) those pumps can’t lift water very much.

thanks all for all the inputs i will surely try them later,

just a few

pumps does pump water,

i notice sensor light comes on on the unit but not the pump light,

yes it does hqve to float switches 1 can be use as a fail safe so the pump wont run when there is no more or water os below minimum in the reservoir,

thank you

1 hour ago, Prinz said:

thanks all for all the inputs i will surely try them later,

just a few

pumps does pump water,

i notice sensor light comes on on the unit but not the pump light,

yes it does hqve to float switches 1 can be use as a fail safe so the pump wont run when there is no more or water os below minimum in the reservoir,

thank you

You can run it in 2 modes. One requires 2 float switches, the other only 1. Try both modes as it matters where the 2 floats are in both cases. If you are using the 2 switch mode then make sure you have the floats in the correct orientation. 

You can also swap the float switches to see if the sensor light works the same. If you have a multimeter, you test the float switch. Here is a video that shows how. If your case it is only 2 wires so look around the 3min mark.

I have the same ATO. If the pump runs too long I have had to unscrew the housing and activate the reset button on the inside of the housing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

so i got home today and check my ATO and its working again, after i raise the float sensor a lil bit higher the sensor and lit up and the pumps kick in i hope it stay that way, 

thanks for all the input in and when it happen again i will have ideas on what to do 

thank you all again