Northern VA Chiller question

ohaverd

I’m thinking about putting my new reef tank with fish setup in my garage, anyone in the northern va area have that kind of setup? And if so do you use a chiller in the summer?  

Pizzaguy has his sump in the garage. Justin from Avast Marine (aka ctenophore here on the forum) used to have the majority of his tank in the garage (one panel was built into the wall of the house), I believe. Years ago, I think that Dan (dandy7200, also from Avast Marine) had a sump outside in a shed.

thanks

On 1/14/2019 at 10:56 AM, Origami said:

Pizzaguy has his sump in the garage. Justin from Avast Marine (aka ctenophore here on the forum) used to have the majority of his tank in the garage (one panel was built into the wall of the house), I believe. Years ago, I think that Dan (dandy7200, also from Avast Marine) had a sump outside in a shed.

Thanks for the reply, but I think i've convinced my wife to let me put it in the basement!  Now I'm looking at a 200ish gallon tank.  Been looking at the platinum series tanks on the ATM website...  Anyone have any experience with these?  https://www.acrylicaquariums.com/store/platinum-line-aquariums

2 hours ago, ohaverd said:

thanks

Thanks for the reply, but I think i've convinced my wife to let me put it in the basement!  Now I'm looking at a 200ish gallon tank.  Been looking at the platinum series tanks on the ATM website...  Anyone have any experience with these?  https://www.acrylicaquariums.com/store/platinum-line-aquariums

Nope. But I see that it's made by ATM - the guys that do "Tanked." I ran an acrylic 180 years ago but went back to glass. Maintaining an acrylic tank was just too much work for me if you got lax and let coraline start to form on the panel.