Grafted Millipora

gmerek2

6 hours ago, gws3 said:

Unfortunately I think I lost that piece. Need to look around and see if I managed to save any other frags of it. I believe it was JKR grafted mille.

Yup, it was the JKR Grafted Mille, I got a gorgeous  piece from you and it was growing good in my frag tank. Then I made a stupid mistake moving it back and forth from frag to DT (T5s - LEDs) and I lost it :(. 

Wow that’s a nice piece GSW3. That’s a shame they juiced up the photos that bad. It’s bright, burning a hole in my phone screen. I love it when common pieces are in the background for color verification. Easier to tell if colors are juiced up but that egg crate background was smart. Probably boosted the price a couple thousand

On 1/28/2019 at 12:59 PM, gws3 said:

It's a beautiful piece but honestly I don't think it's anything that unusual. I had a very similar grafted piece a few years ago. I think what commands the $2500 price tag is pegging 100% on the saturation slider and a very conveniently timed article on reefbuilders.

DMln2UR.jpg

I agree 100 percent, and am also with Matt in that I would bet it won't turn out that nice.  A few people may get a good section of it but over time the graft will fade out, just my guess though.  Way to go reef builders, you have helped reef raft bump their price up beyond belief in a time where they don't have much of anything actually new to price high.  Some of the prices on these fresh cut corals these days makes me sick.

You're going to have some pissed off people if these "grafts" eventually reject each other or one color ends up dominating the other.

I for one would not be paying top dollar for this particular experiment, especially when these pictures are obviously so color corrected. Heck, the coraline algae in that picture looks brighter than the coral itself. I'd also at least want the corals to be healed enough to not still be showing the glue if I were going to drop $2K. Ah well whatever floats someone's boat I guess, that money will likely go a long way towards keeping these sellers in business, which at the end of the day is probably a good thing. And if these experiments do work out they'll eventually become more common and I would love to pick them up at a decent price after someone else determines whether it works out long term.

The bright color adjusted acro burned out his battery. You guys are forgetting it’s not a graft, it’s an ultra rare “GFP infection” that made me laugh though that one vendors $2000 attempt at a graft. Has to be poking fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk