Grafted Millipora

gmerek2

I wonder how long it will hold in the frags that are cut from it.  Normally the green pigment grafts don't keep for a long time.  This one is the best milli graft I have seen so far and looks like it happened in a home aquarium or was grown out in one.  I have one grafted piece but its not really a green pigment graft like that and it hasn't started growing out yet.

4 hours ago, Piper27 said:

I wonder how long it will hold in the frags that are cut from it.  Normally the green pigment grafts don't keep for a long time.  This one is the best milli graft I have seen so far and looks like it happened in a home aquarium or was grown out in one.  I have one grafted piece but its not really a green pigment graft like that and it hasn't started growing out yet.

Pretty wicked looking graft. It's seen some growth in this configuration, too. I wonder what Justin Credabel (Grabel) would say on looking at it?

Yea what if the pink part growth starts to take off and leaves the green stuff in the dark, taking over. Then you have a $25 milli. If all the offspring frags looks like this It’s a highly desirable piece. I’m not sure what will happen as I have never seen this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we knew which milli were grafted so this club could start some. My wild guess would be one of the more greener sunsets and bubblegum?

2 hours ago, WheresTheReef said:

Great link. What struck me are 1) It's not a graft. It's naturally occurring "GFP infection" and was spotted as a small tip with an extra bit of color. 2) It started from a small frag and has kept its separate character as its grown. 

Very, very cool.

It kind of makes you want to go out and experiment with some A. millepora, doesn't it?

(edited)

No no you can’t graft your own! It’s a super duper rare infection only obtained from mars! For the low low price of only 382492 you can obtain this rare frag! Kidding awesome article thanks for finding that 

Edited by gmerek2

Now all you need is an orange filter and photoshop to bring out the green and you can have reef builders hype your piece :)   I am sure since the article was wrote reef raft is going to be charging 800 or so for a frag. 

Now all you need is an orange filter and photoshop to bring out the green and you can have reef builders hype your piece    I am sure since the article was wrote reef raft is going to be charging 800 or so for a frag. 

• 3 weeks later...

Still have to wonder what it will look like when it grows beyond frag size. $2500 is a lot for not knowing what it will look like down the road.

It's a beautiful piece but honestly I don't think it's anything that unusual. I had a very similar grafted piece a few years ago. I think what commands the $2500 price tag is pegging 100% on the saturation slider and a very conveniently timed article on reefbuilders.

DMln2UR.jpg

31 minutes ago, gws3 said:

It's a beautiful piece but honestly I don't think it's anything that unusual. I had a very similar grafted piece a few years ago. I think what commands the $2500 price tag is pegging 100% on the saturation slider and a very conveniently timed article on reefbuilders.

DMln2UR.jpg

We need to name that thing, Graham. Hmmm... purple and green. Let's see. There's the Incredible Hulk (he was green and wore purple pants/shorts). There's also the Green Goblin. Either of those names sound viable. 

Unfortunately I think I lost that piece. Need to look around and see if I managed to save any other frags of it. I believe it was JKR grafted mille.