First intro, oldish member

Hello, I have been a member for a while (since early 2017) mostly for research, to get ideas on tank builds and see what’s for sale from community. I am also concurrently posting in dedicated tank build thread for a 120 mix reef currently under construction.

Little about me, I've been doing saltwater fishkeeping for close to 10 years now (started in early 2009) and have made every mistake someone could make. I started out with a 6 gallon long acrylic bookshelf tank with a DIY HOB fuge made from a Tupperware container. Moved on to a modified 6.6 gallon tall Fluval Chi, then a 16 gallon tall column tank. Main reason for the nano tanks was because of space limitations and cost since I was still in high school, then college living with my parents. Eventually I got my own apartment and was able get what is my current setup;

Tank: Marineland 55 cube with stand

Sump: Aqueon proflex model 1

Refugium: CPR AquaFuge 2 Large HOB

Overflow: EShopps PF-800 HOB

Main light:  2x Kessil 160WE Tuna w/gooseneck

Refugium light: 2x Ecoxotic 12.5” 6w Stunner Strip 8000K White

Heaters: 2x AquaTop 150w

Controllers: DA ReefKeeper Lite, Kessil Spectral Controller

Return pump: Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5

Circulation: 2x VorTech MP40qdw

ATO: DIY with Tom’s AquaLifter

Filtration: BRS Dual Reactor (Carbon & GFO)

BRS Deluxe Reactor (Bio pellets)

Skimmer: CAD Lights PLS-50

At its height it had the following stock; 2x ocellaris, 2x firefish, sixline wrasse, neon goby, Yellow coral banded shrimp, peppermint shrimp, Kenya tree, Rose BTA, green zoa, blue mushroom, green torch coral, clean-up crew consisting a mix of assorted snails, red/blue hermits, 1 emerald crab, 1 fighting conch.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any photos when it was at peak stock (or my older failed attempts). What is left right now is the rose tip, green zoa (mostly brown now), Kenya tree coral, yellow coral banded shrimp, 1 ocellaris and whatever is left of the cleanup crew. Some disappeared (assume dead and eaten), some jumpers, some gave away in preparation for the new 120 gallon build.

I will be posting in the new tank build thread to document my 120 build out since moving into a new house! (and also most of the old equipment here will be for listed for sale once the new tank is up) I am planning to reuse as much of the old equipment as I can and putting the rest for sale, so stay tuned as more is to come ☺

Old_tank_3.JPG

DSC00900.JPG

DSC00901.JPG

Old_tank.jpg

Edited by Sofreef

Welcome! Kind of, haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk