Lyretail anthias compatability

Still_human

Ive never dealt with lyretail anthias, so I'm not really sure what to expect. Would they eat fish small enough to swallow? I know some anthias will, but no clue about most. What about reef compatability? Would they eat small shrimp and such, cause it will have fish and shrimp in sizes down to tiny(maybe even sexy shrimp)? Would that work, or would I need to put it into FOWLR? At the moment I have a TINY, barely larger than an inch&1/2, convict blenny in my QT, which MIGHT be small enough to fit in the mouth of a lyretail I'd like to get. If I get the anthias it would have to go in with the blenny. Is that a risky situation?

Thanks for any and all help, everyone:)

Edited by Still_human

20 hours ago, epleeds said:

Lyretails are peaceful Anthias. They don’t bother anyone. 

even really tiny things, like sexy shrimp, and 1/2" dwarf gobies?

They are reef safe. However, they are considered semi-aggressive. I had a male and female before. Female was peaceful. Male not so much. He was ok with any non-anthias fish. Other/new anthias were harrased consistently so I eventually broke down and sold him. Beautiful fish though.

On 12/27/2018 at 2:07 PM, WheresTheReef said:

They are reef safe. However, they are considered semi-aggressive. I had a male and female before. Female was peaceful. Male not so much. He was ok with any non-anthias fish. Other/new anthias were harrased consistently so I eventually broke down and sold him. Beautiful fish though.

Ok cool, it would b cool to someday have a harem, but it seems that it's recommended to have at least 6-8females, which is kinda a lot! I'm glad they're cool with everything else:)

I'd never seen one HALF as beautiful as this! Is this even a squamipinnis??? As far as I can remember, it looks just like all Ive ever seen, same pattern, shape&fins, overall appearance, just MUCH more colorful! I'm used to seeing them with just red, salmon, orange, and a little pink, but THIS....! I would swear this was a color altered picture, if it were on a site for sale, but these are the legit colors...actually, the anal fin is much more yellow, and the dorsal is actually mostly as bright red as the pectoral tips, so the fins are actually nicer than the pictures. If this is a different species, can anyone ID it?

IMG_8865.JPG

IMG_8871.JPG

IMG_8873.JPG

Edited by Still_human