Loss of edit functionality

madweazl

That capability was the result of customized code. Every time we performed minor upgrades, we (I) had to go back and edit a number of files to reimplement that code. It was customized code that made it very difficult for us to stay current, exposing us to security issues and support problems. In fact, we got to the point where our installation was no longer supported by the manufacturer.

The new code is totally stock. We hope that, in the long run, it's easier to secure and maintain. I may ask the manufacturer to consider adding the feature to a future release.

8 minutes ago, madweazl said:

Boooo! LOL

I agree. You'd think that segmented editing rights (allowing first post editing) would be a useful feature for other online communities, too. 

I installed a plugin that I think should enable this ability on the Dedicated Tank Build forum as well as all of the WTB/WTS forums.  

I can't test it out because I'm a moderator and can edit pretty much everything, but can you try it out madweazl?

Great, glad it's working!  The plugin has lots of other little tweaks to these boards that I may play with, but the big benefit will be that we don't have to stay on the same version or risk our custom mods to the code.