Green Birdsnest Hitchhiker (Need ID)

CallMeJus

Like the title says. Got this beautiful coral from another member on WAMAS a few weeks ago. As I do not have the space for a Quarantine tank I dipped it in Coral Rx per the instructions and put it in my tank. As I was feeding the tank I noticed two antennae looking things sticking of one of the branches, and there seems to be a tiny hole on that branch. Any ideas? Photo attached.

86F83790-C759-4AC3-B06C-29CCC91C76FD.jpeg

That’s green pocillopora. Not green birds nest. Looking very healthy!! Very happy coral grows fast. After a few years it starts dropping polyps and they pop up everywhere. I think it’s a good problem to have but that explains why it hitchhiked in. Now as the worm just frag it out if you don’t like it or cover the hole with super glue. Shouldn’t bother that coral though

Looks like a vermetid snail, which are extremely common. They can irritate coral, but clearly it isn't bothering that one. If it bothers things, clip it off or superglue over it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I've never had them adversely effect a coral but some people consider them the devil. I let 'em be but our CBB finds them tasty so they don't make it long any more LOL. 

Thanks for the clarification everyone. After doing more research, I’m pretty confident it’s a vermetid snail. I’m going to go ahead and put a bead of super glue on the end of it just to be safe.