Hanging Kessil A360X - ideas?

marylynn7

I just purchased the Kessil A360X tuna.  I would like to hang it from the ceiling with a steel cable.  Can anyone recommend a hanging kit from an online source, such as Bulk Reef Supply or Marine Depot?   I asked Kessil.com and they said it is "DIY."

I am also considering using a pendant wall bracket to run the cord to the wall (https://www.onefortythree.com) and adding a wire cover down the wall.

Thank you.

Mary Lynn

Seems like Kessil didn't really give many options for mounting this light other than their proprietary arms. That said I wonder what the screw size is on the A360X because then you could possibly find a toggle bolt/screw that could be used instead.

On 12/15/2018 at 6:54 PM, marylynn7 said:

I just purchased the Kessil A360X tuna.  I would like to hang it from the ceiling with a steel cable.  Can anyone recommend a hanging kit from an online source, such as Bulk Reef Supply or Marine Depot?   I asked Kessil.com and they said it is "DIY."

I am also considering using a pendant wall bracket to run the cord to the wall (https://www.onefortythree.com) and adding a wire cover down the wall.

Thank you.

Mary Lynn

Were you able to hang the light as you intended? If not, did you happen to find the size and pitch of the mounting hole in the light? 

I have an idea of how to make it work but knowing the size and pitch is a major part. 

• 3 months later...

Hi Tom,

I just posted photos yesterday of my Kessil light.  I used a Griplock and steel cable.  I also purchased the wood bracket from onefortythree.  It was expensive, but it looks great.  I really didn't like the arms that Kessil provides.  I really detract from the clean look I wanted. Thank you for responding to my question. Mary Lynn