Skimmer making gurgle sound

Raj

Hi Wamas!

I have this gurgle sound coming from My Reef Octopus 3000 the sound is coming from the air intake .. I have removed the air tube checked if its clogged and reinstalled it but its making that gurgle sound (Side Note: the Skimmer has overflown 3 times in the last two weeks)

Any Advice ..

Edited by Raj

Hi Wamas!

I have this gurgle sound coming from My Reef Octopus 3000 the sound is coming from the air intake .. I have removed the air tube checked if its clogged and reinstalled it but its making that gurgle sound (Side Note: the Skimmer has overflown 3 times in the last two weeks)

Any Advice ..

How old is the pump and impeller? I had the same problem. It ended up being my impeller was going bad. I found that I was adjusting it to get skimmate when it was not working at its peak. Then of and on the pump/impeller would work better and cause the skimmer to over flow. My pump and impeller were 4 years old so I just bought a new pump instead of just a new impeller.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

@TonyInVa

I bought a used skimmer from WAMAS member the seller told me the pump was replaced, new pump should be around 3yr old.

any idea how to know if the impeller is going bad .. 

@TonyInVa
I bought a used skimmer from WAMAS member the seller told me the pump was replaced, new pump should be around 3yr old.
any idea how to know if the impeller is going bad .. 

Only indication I got was I couldn't keep it tuned in. One minute or day it would produce normal ski mate, and the next it would overflow. Once I tried the new impeller on my old pump, no now problems. I would reach out to Coralvue and describe your problem to Carlos. Maybe there is something I'm missing.

Only indication I got was I couldn't keep it tuned in. One minute or day it would produce normal ski mate, and the next it would overflow. Once I tried the new impeller on my old pump, no now problems. I would reach out to Coralvue and describe your problem to Carlos. Maybe there is something I'm missing.

Thanks I’ll call the support see what they say .. thanks Tony !!

Skimmer issue resolved .. found a chunk of sponge stuck on the impeller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk